What is PROST?
PROST is a multicentre, randomized, open-label, blinded outcome, adaptive, non-inferiority trial comparing the pRESET stent-retriever with the Solitaire stent-retriever for large vessel occlusion stroke treatment.
Key OutcomesITT pRESET
54,91%90d mRS ≤ 2
84,93%eTICI ≥ 2b50 ≤ 3 Passes
43,68%eTICI ≥ 2c 1st Pass
PROST is the first randomized clinical trial aiming to compare a novel versus an established stent-retriever technology, establishing a new scientific benchmark for stroke device trials.
Thrombectomy with the pRESET stent-retriever was found to be non-inferior to thrombectomy with the Solitaire stent-retriever in terms of flow restoration and disability reduction in patients with large vessel occlusion stroke (LVOS).
The PROST Trial led to the FDA clearance of the pRESET device on January 20th 2023 with labels for improvements in both revascularization and clinical outcomes.
Discover pRESET Features
- Maintain cell shape integrity independent of expansion diameter
- Improved clot retention
Multi Cell Size
- Deep clot integration & improved flexibility in tortuous anatomies
- Improved clot retention & trackability
Closed Proximal Ring
- Ensures stable opening and constant wall apposition during retrieval
- Improved clot retention & recapture